Custom Search

Friday, April 03, 2009

Off the List...

As regular readers will know, Subway was recently put on the "Tesco List" of places I whose doors I will not darken. Their crime? They started putting only three meatballs in their six inch sub, instead of the regulation four, and still charged the same price. I considered this to be scandalous, especially considering the fact that they ain't cheap to begin with. But it was brought to my attention by brother Sprocket, that the price had been dropped to £1.79, for a limited time, for the six inch Meatball Marinara. I was tempted, but still withheld my custom, until earlier this week. I was down Legrams Lane business park, when I spotted the poster advertising the aforementioned deal. On the poster, it featured a mouth watering picture of a Meatball sub, and it featured four meatballs. "Right" I thought, "if they try and give me four I will point them in the direction of their own advertisement, and demand my extra sphere of meat!" But I didn't have to, as without prompting, my server placed the correct amount of M'balls on my sub. So they are now officially off the list, but I shall remain vigilant. ( Of greater concern is the recent Daily Mail expose, showing a Subway worker stuffing lettuce up his nose, and then putting it back on display. Just as well I eat me Meatball sub salad free....see story here)

No comments: