Custom Search

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Euro on Film

I was watching the News last week, and there was a story about some small village down south somewhere around the London commuter belt. The local Nimbys had gotten their knickers in a twist when they saw the Google Street View camera car pull into town. An invasion of their privacy, an on line search engine for burglars and the like they bleated. It was the proverbial non story on a slow news day, but I did get to see what the Camera car looked like. It was just a normal saloon car, but protruding from it's roof was a strange periscope like contraption, that had a 360 degree kind of camera thingy stuck on it. So imagine my surprise, as I sat by the side of the road in Keighley town, and a car with the very same contraption came rumbling down the hill. Of course, a cool, suave, sophisticated urbanite such as myself, had but one course of action. I thrust myself out of my vehicles window, gurning and waving like a country rube who finds himself in shot on a local news story. Still, if it's good enough for Liam Gallagher, it's good enough for me. I look forward to seeing if I make the final cut. One thing for sure though. I can't see the good denizens of Keighley complaining to much about their town being laid bare on Street View. There ain't nowt to nick!

No comments: