Custom Search

Friday, February 04, 2011

MONGOZO!


Friday night is rapidly becoming Fighting Cock Night. This real ale pub may be a bit off the beaten track, Wibsey wise, but at least it doesn't have DJ Gaz spinning obscure 80's tripe on the wheels of steel. Instead it has a vast array of different beers, ales and lagers to sample, from the far flung corners of the globe. Now I fancy myself as the adventurous type, and like to think I'd try most anything at least once. Of course there are somethings that I wouldn't consider. Supporting Leeds United, becoming Tee Total, shaving my balls or blowing a vicar are just a few of the things that I would pass on. And till last Friday I would have added coconut beer to that list. Now I can imagine a few fruits that would pique my interest. In fact I have sampled cherry and raspberry lambics, which I thought were okay. But coconut? The stuff they put in Bounty Bars? Nah mate, yer 'avin a laugh intcha? But the fella who was keeping me company this particular evening has a liking for all things tropical, especially big brown hairy nuts. So he bought one. Let me first say this, the name and the bottle are uber cool. Mongozo! (it is impossible to say without the exclamation mark) comes in a bottle that has a blue and silver setting Japanese style sun thing down on it, which I liked very much. So it was off to a good start. Cool name, and a delightfully designed label. But on pouring it looked like piss that had been left in the sun for a week, and to be quite frank, tasted pretty much as it appeared. But did it deter my coconut loving companion? Not in the slightest. He even got a couple to take home. So who was the taste bud free mad man? Bet you've already guessed.....


There truly is only on Geevers G. G-Spot, the CoCo nut Kid.

No comments: