Custom Search

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It Will All End in Tears

The mighty Cleveland Indians qualified for the equivalent of the quarter finals stage of baseballs World Series over the weekend. As anybody who knows me, all the sport teams I am a fan of, all seem destined to be glorious ( and not so glorious) failures. The Cleveland Browns, my NFL team, are famous for throwing away two championship games in the dying seconds, and have yet to reach a Super Bowl. The England football teams that have coincided, up till now, with my short tenure on this planet, have flattered to deceive numerous times, and have had hope extinguished by penalty on occasion to numerous to mention. The Mighty Bantams are a lesson in futility, our two seasons in the Premiership sun followed by one of the quickest demises to the bottom league witnessed in modern times. The Indians themselves, aka the Tribe, have not tasted a World series triumph since the days when Adolph Hitler still drew breath, and when the chance to end this miserable streak presented itself in 1997, they blew it with one out needed to prevail. But hope springs eternal, and with the Bantams actually looking like they could contend for promotion, and Mr Charisma, Steve McLaren, stumbling upon a competent England team, could this be the turning point in my futile hope to see one of my sporting teams be crowned champions of there respective league/sport? History is against me, and my hanky is at the ready,but in the meantime; GO TRIBE!!!

No comments: