Custom Search

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ou est le Dazzler?? Il a été trouvé!!

I was a bit down after our fine winning streak had come to an end last night, and with both Crespo and the Mercenary unavailable, there was nobody to have a consolation pint with. As I chugged up Bingley Road, making my way home, I had thought, "What if the Boy Dazzler is out?" Now the last few times I have called him, there has been no reply, and I had given him up as being on one of his hermit phases, as I had not had any contact with him since May. So imagine my surprise when he answered. Even better he was in a pub, one that was on my way home! I pulled up at the Kings Arms, and not only did he have a pint waiting, but he was with another chap that I hadn't seen in ages, the Spunky Monkey! It was grand to see to old friends, and the Dazzler was apologetic at first, he had been having loads of strife at work, but it was soon forgotten about. The reason we don't see so much of him, and he didn't get a season ticket, is because the company he works for has declared Saturdays as "Mega Day" and the poor lad has to work a ten hour shift, followed by a six hour day on Sundays! If I were him I'd have told them were to stick it, but it is his choice, and it pays the bills. Anyway, it is the Boy's birthday on the 27th of September, and he has wangled a weekend off, so he is up for a few beers. Unlucky for him, the Mighty Bantams are away that day, at Shrewsbury, which is to far for an away day. Still we can get pissed somewhere, when I he lets me know whats what, I will post the details.

No comments: