Custom Search

Saturday, August 09, 2008

It's Bazza Time!!

This pitiful excuse of a summer enters its last month, and yes it's raining, but there is a ray iof sunshine. The Mighty bantams kick off their 2008/9 campaign today against Notts County. Big Baz has been fed on raw steak and stout over the summer break, and looks a deadly goal poaching machine. He will be struggling to keep his place though, as City have signed up Michaeal Boulding, and as much as I love the Bazmeister, Boulding is a better goal scorer. So my predictions for the season, starting in League Two. All the bookmakers make the Bantams favourite, and I am no different. Good solid signings, and the board say there is money spend if we need to strengthen. I see our main challengers to automatic promotion as Chesterfield, Rochdale and Shrewsbury, with Brentford as dark horses. in the league above, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Leeds will be the team to beat, with Leicester running them close. Scunthorpe will make the playoffs, with Carlisle being there or abouts. Cheltenhamn will finally get relegated. In the Championship, Birmingham look the strongest team, and Paul Jewel will get Derby into the playoffs at least along with the Blades. Southampton, Norwich and Donny Rovers to be the surprise teams that round off the playoffs. Sheffield Wednesday and Blackpool are my picks to join City in league one. As for today, I recon 3-0 to the Bantams.

No comments: