Custom Search

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Meatball Quest

Me and the Mercenary had tickets for the new Batman movie, and I arranged to meet in him in the Sir Titus Salt, a J.D.Wetherspoons bar across the road from the IMAX screen at the National Media Museum in Bradford town centre. I got there plenty early, so I could try the latest addition to their menu, the Meatball Marinara on Ciabatta sandwich. I got an ice cold Coors, chilled to -2.9, according to the digital reader above the pump, and ordered. A big thanks to Sprocket for in forming of this new delicacy. It was priced at a very reasonable (for England anyway) £3.99, and came with chunky fries. The meatballs were of a similar size to the ones on offer at Subway, and there was plenty of them stuffed into an approx. eight inch ciabatta. The bread was good, and I liked the way the cheese was left to melt over the meatballs, but it was too light on marinara sauce. This meant it was a little on the dry side. The Mballs were tasty enough, but I thought they could of done with a little more of a kick, spice wise. The ciabatta was a good alternative to the usual submarine style. Better than Subways? I am afraid not, and as for the Candia, it would be like comparing Huddersfield Town to Manchester United. Don't be too put off, it was nothing like the abomination of the McMeatball deli sandwich of 2007, but I would recommend the Meatball Pannini served at Costa Coffee, which is a similar price, over it. Worth trying again.

P.S. I am waiting for a new phone at the moment, so apologies that I haven't got a picture to post.

P.P.S The Batman movie was very good, but too long. Every time it gets going, it slows right down, and the after over two and half hours, they tie everything up far too quickly. Heath Ledger is very good as the Joker, but the guy who plays Harvey "Two Faces" Dent is garbage. I'd give it 7/10.

No comments: