Custom Search

Monday, March 31, 2008

Ring Sting

Sorry about the lack of postings, but I have been feeling pretty lazy of late. This weekend was a one nighter, the Elster was giving me earache about spending time with the kids, and I felt she had a valid point. So this Friday was my only night out on the tiles, down the George, and after a couple of poor turnouts, there was a healthy gathering this week, Dr Shotgun made his first appearance of 2008, as did the Jet, along with regulars Big JohnnyM and G Spot. Even Crespo and Meatball showed up for a few beers. Much shite was talked, and as we prepared to leave, Shotgun offered to get in a curry. For those of you not familiar with the culinary delights of Wibsey, this means only one thing. The Spicey Cottage. Now I have only been to this establishment a handful of times, and let me say the food they serve has what can most politely be described as a "loosening" effect on the body. But the good Doctor was adamant, so me, Big John and the Jet descended on the Spicey Cottage. We were seated, and I began to point out to every member of staff who walked by that Spicy was spelled with out an E, which they nodded at, and then probably walked into the kitchen and spit in my food. To cut a long story short, we all ordered loads of grub, scarfed the lot, and then had a good old chuckle as Alfie was told they no longer accepted cards, due to the amount of fraudulent activity in this particular restaurant. So we all bailed him out till he got to a cash point, and then left JohnnyM, to walk to the Jets house to call a cab. I got home, the Elster had left a sleeping bag next to the couch, so I flopped down for some kip. At about five o'clock in the a.m. the Spicey magic kicked in, as I awoke in a fart filled room, consumed by an urgent need to poop. Now you might say that there is no way that a curry could travel through a fella that quick, but rest assured it was my recently eaten meal. You could still see the bite marks in the Seekh Kebabs, that mere hours earlier been presented to me on a plate. If I hadn't been half asleep as the Spicey curse struck, I would have taken a photo as evidence.

P.S.
Took the bambinos to the IMAX in Bradford to watch the Monstors of the Deep 3-D film. It is as cool as fuck. I highly recommend it, the kids loved it too.

No comments: