Custom Search

Monday, March 10, 2008

FA Cup

I thought I would stick my two pennies worth in about the FA Cup, before all the supposed commentators start carping on about what a poor final it will be this year, because there are no "big" teams left in it. I say "good", I as a supporter of none of the big four, who have won every final since 1995, and contested everyone since 1991, look forward to NOT watching two teams meet each other for the umpteenth time that season, going through all the hyperbole concerning their greatness, to then watch a snorefest decided by either penalties or a solitary goal in injury time. When another team does manage to break the monopoly, they then show up determined not be humiliated, the result a one sided snorefest decide by a solitary goal in normal time. I know the West Ham-Liverpool game a couple of years back was a corking game, but it was definitely the exception to the rule. This year we can look forward to a real team, supported by real fans, who the result will be a probable once in a lifetime outing that will go down in that city/towns history. I would love to see a West Brom v Barnsley final, as that would really get up the nose of all the part time glory hunters, and would actually feature more than a handful of English players.

P.S.
Isn't Alex Ferguson a bad loser. And don't you just love hearing him whine.

No comments: