Custom Search

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St Patricks Day

After this weekends deprivations, and with Easter bank holiday just round the corner, and even worse, an important meeting at work tomorrow, I will be spending Saint Pats at home. I did throw back a few Guinness's with big Frank yesterday, but the Elster collared me before I could get too toasted. We did have a pretty good session however after the game on Saturday night. Our new favourite city centre boozer, the City Vaults, was the scene of our drinking binge, and it was good to see the O.M.B. (original meatball) and a real blast from the past, Mr Whiteside out again. I thought I could argue the toss about politics, but I may have met my match in Simon, who definitely goes for the loud is best option when arguing. Highlight of the evening was Crespo's tale of abusing the Internet at work. He was called into see his manager about the amount of time he was surfing on the web, and in particular why he had visited a site called "The Bender Squad" on 58 separate occasions. To top it all, as he was telling us how he had to explain that he wasn't gay, the campest barman in Yorkshire was behind him collecting glasses, and came out in sympathy with poor old Crespo. Everything gets a bit hazy after this, I woke up on the sofa the next morning with an empty Subway sandwich bag next to me and a couple of oatmeal and raisin cookies on my chest. The Shoutster was yet a gain the last man out, he took himself off to Funkys with some geezer he bumped into, and I haven't heard from Crespo or Meatball since. The Boy Dazzler and Mr Whiteside were still at it when I last spoke to him at about 11o'clock the next morning. Dazzler did lose his wallet however, but didn't seem to perturbed as he and Simon were heading out to do the hair of the dog. There is talk of a mini bender Good Friday afternoon, I will put together a plan of action later in the week, and for the FA Cup final bender on the 17th of May, we have decided to go to Shoutys turf, Shipley. I will leave the decision on the venue up to the Right Honourable.

No comments: