Custom Search

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Patty Knevil


After last nights posting, concerning the Westgate Run of Wakefield challenge, I received a text message from squad member Patty. It would seem dodging former coal miners tanked up on alcopops wasn't daring enough for the Patmeiester. His suggestion for our next away trip is the daddy of all runs, the Pamplona Bull Run. Safety wear is not required, nor even mentioned in any of the rules and regulations, which to be honest, all seem to favour the bull. It is to late to even contemplate The young daredevil forgets that quite a few of us have passed the 40 year old milestone, and breaking into a brisk trot for a few of our members, would result in the need for de-fibrillation, but it has got my interest. I have faced down the Elster after staying out all weekend, and reckon I would be up to the challenge. Reading the info on the link I have supplied, it would take some organising, but in this day and age of rampant Health and Safety regulations, it could be quite a hoot. I like the fact that high visibility is not allowed. It is too late for it this year, and the problem I will face in the future, is that it falls on the Elsters birthday, but if someone else were to assist in getting it up and running, I am up for it. There is an English website that describes the run in full, and advises on the run itself and will also book accommodation, click here for the Pamplona Posse.



If this seems a bit to hair-raising (chance would be a fine thing in my case), there is the more sedate, but equally fun, La Tomatina tomato fight in Buñol near Valencia. This, as far as I can make out involves a few lorries full of tomato's pulling up in a town square, and the mother of all food fights then commencing. Happen not as dangerous, but I have yet to hear of anybody ever being gored to death by a tomato. These are just a couple of options for 2009, which will also include at least one pilgrimage to see the mighty TSV 1860 in Germany.



P.S.
The Westgate Run is all systems go for when i return from the USA. I knew I could rely on the Right Honourable. There are a few of us out for the Mansfield game on Saturday, a mini bender if you will, so if you haven't got anything lined up, get your arse out.

No comments: