Custom Search

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

National Bender Day

I was thinking about the charter, and got to wondering, "Why have FA cup final day as National Bender Day, when we can create a different date, and have an excuse for another bender!" It makes perfect sense to me, we should allocate one day in the year to go out and get absolutely shit faced. I think naming a date is the best idea, as this would mean National Bender Day falling on eccentric drinking days such as Tuesday. I know this means using up some of your holiday allocation from work, but is there any greater pleasure than being drunk when everybody else has their nose to the grindstone? Well I can think of one or two, but not many!!! This is also the perfect cover for those kept on a short leash by the nefarious M.R.S, who can claim to be attending a course, or having to work away. Of course the more conservative among you may wish to hold National Bender Day, on say, the first Saturday of June. This has the benefit of not having to use any holiday quota, and of being a busier night to go out on, but to me it doesn't seem as illicit as my previous suggestion, and not as easy to slip by the trouble and strife. Anyway, in the interest of fairness I have come up with several dates that I will put to the vote. Please register choice at http://www.webpollcentral.com/v2/poll.php?polls=MzMwMDU=&user=euro_bri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`ve got to say august the 31st it just says to me warm summer night with beer i hand my idea of heaven.

Anonymous said...

P.S toe much better will be kicking opposition tommorow night.