Custom Search

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Touched by His Holiness

I totally forgot to mention this a few weeks ago, it happened on a Friday, and after spending the evening in the George things can get a little hazy in the old memory department. Any hoo, back to my tale. I was pulling out of Carlisle Terrace, looking for a gap in traffic, when out off nowwhere appeared Bradfords most celebrated citizen, Jesus Man! As I fumbled to switch on my phone camera, he reached out and touched my van, smiled and off he went, as his usual brisk walking pace. It didn't bring me any luck in that nights EuroMillions lotto, but a brush with a legend is something that doesn't happen everyday. It also gives me a reason to never again wash my van. Hurrah! But what caused me to recall this close encounter with His Holiness?? Well today as I drove through the frozen wastelands of Queensbury, and there he was, holding down his robe, to prevent wind rise I guess, waving at traffic as he strolled by my vehicle. He must have been in a good mood, as he stopped outside the Ring 'o Bells window to wave at the lunch time booze hounds, and then did his famous jig for a group of passing school kids. This time I was quicker off the mark, and manged to take a picture for posterity.

No comments: