Custom Search

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bantams 3 Millers 2

I know the game was a couple of nights ago, see the buffoon report above as to why it's late, and the boys in claret and amber were well worth their win. The first half saw all of City's goals, and they played the best footie I have seen down the Valley this season. Omar scored a fine opener, showing a clean pair of heels to the defence, before cutting inside to bury it in the bottom corner. Within two minutes, Colbeck crossed low and Rhodes pounced to make it 2-0. The Millers nearly pulled one back straight away, hitting the post, and halved the deficit not much after. With half time approaching, I took off to get the beers in and missed our third, scored by Bullock. I reckon I have missed as many as I have seen lately. The second half was good value entertainment, and Peter Thorne missed possibly the biggest sitter that I have ever witnessed. From where we sit, it looked like he scooped over off the goal line. To rub it in Rotherham scored not long after, to make it the usual clenched arse finish that we are becoming used to down the Parade. There was good news prior to the match as well, concerning the next season ticket. They are being put up at £150, with a free on for under 11's, and if there are more than 9,000 adult takers, we will receive an extra full season ticket for free. This could feasibly result in crowds of 20,000 plus next year. Happy days indeed.

Baz Watch;
Our smooth headed bundle of pure testosterone was not called on till the last minute. He made one forward burst, and that was pretty much that. Thorne and Daley looked good up front, and Willy was the first preference when McCall made his substitution. I fear his playing time may be getting harder to come by.




Pie Rating; Sausage Roll 5/10
We have another guest reviewer this week. I know I promised a second opinion on the Chicken Balti, but there is good reason why I didn't. The first bite I took revealed a filling of molten lava, which burnt my tongue, and caused me to lurch unexpectedly forward, desperately trying to extinguish the atomic reaction taking place in my mouth. This caused a lump of chicken to spill forth from my booby trapped savoury and splatter on the floor. Little did I realise at that moment, that this piece of poultry, now decorating the concourse floor, would render my Chicken Balti pie, a mere Balti pie, because the rest of it carried no trace of any meat. So it was left to the Grande Queso to give his verdict on the sausage roll. You can tell Mr Queso hadn't been to watch many games this season, as he gave me £1.50 to buy it for him as I was at the front of the queue. Or was it a cunning plan? Anyway, it was fairly long, and started out as a 7/10, but the blandness caused this score to fall to 3/10 by the time it was finished, to garnish a final an average rating of 5/10. Next time Shouty will rate the Bovril.

No comments: