Custom Search

Friday, October 30, 2009

Battle of the Brews Last 16

The penultimate round of the last 16 received a lower turnout than the previous (maybe Shouty didn't rate the two on offer) but Guinness saw off Holsten Pils quite comfortably. This was the first difficult round for me. I do enjoy an ice cold Pils, I am drinking one as I write this up, but I cast my vote for the dark Irish stout. There is nothing better to shake on out of a lager induced hangover than a few pints of Guinness. After all that fuzziness, it is nice to drink a brew that goes down smooth, although an off pint of the stuff can cause a nasty explosion, if you know what I mean. Tony H was a bit put out, and admitted that he had considered gerrymandering the eventual outcome, but tinned it. The last round before the draw for the quarter finals, is another tough one. It is Kronenbourg 1664 against my own fave, DAB. I will post the lowdown, and voting link later tonight.


I have no idea who the lovely in the photo above is, but oooooooooooo... she'd get it.

No comments: