Custom Search

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ambushed

Only five days remain in the race for the Maillot Jaune 2009, and I was ambushed on Saturday. Crespo rounded up Helmet and Queso, and they ambushed me. He claimed that I had said that flights in China were allowing standing room flights, something I have no recollection of saying. It transpires however that they have made an application to the regulatory body to began flying customers in just such a matter. So it is technically a slip of the tongue. But bolstered by a grumpy helmet and a lubricated Fromage, I was issued two points, as the had the prerequiste three members in agreement. Helmet then tried to goad me into an appeal, some thing I nearly committed to, but a quick glance around the Villager indicated that I would struggle to find an ally. So two points it is. I have also undertaken to accept four points for setting off the smoke alarms in my house after passing out after putting a pizza in the oven. The Elster was not chuffed. I think it is just as well there are only a few days left, as a ll of a sudden I have come into the reckoning, although I still remain some way short of the two outstanding candidates for this years title. It has been agreed however to overhaul the scoring template for 2010, although I am worried that too much input from Tony and Shouty will see an unprecedented awarding of points, as they are a bit over zealous. We don't want to end up on our nights out saying nothing, for fear of being branded an eejit. Do we??

  1. Helmet 40 points
  2. Shouty 40 points
  3. Euro Bri 28 points
  4. Funky 22 points
  5. Mad Ad 21 points
  6. Maffy 18 points
  7. Lefty 14 points
  8. King of the Pixies 14 points
  9. Crespo 14 points
  10. Sprocket 9 points
  11. El Grande Queso 8 points
  12. Pembo 4 points
  13. Skid 4 points
  14. John the Don 4 points
  15. Dr Shotgun 2 points
  16. G Spot 1 point

No comments: