Custom Search

Friday, October 30, 2009

32 Hours to Go

The clock is ticking down, and the deadlock in first place is looking unlikely to be broke. Helmet nearly rendered the upcoming text vote redundant, with a near stupid statement on Saturday night, but he pulled back just in the nick of time. So how will we separate this Brace of Buffoons? It has been agreed that there shouldn't be a joint winner. For a start I can't afford two shirts. That's right. This year I am going to finally get around to getting an actual "Maillot Jaune" printed, to be awarded to this years recipient. This doesn't mean I will stop the traditional cropped photograph, that is too much fun, but it is about time that we followed through on our threat to make it a bit more official. I am hoping to have some form of award ceremony on the 14th of November, in the Villager perhaps, after the football. Winner permitting of course. So don't forget. On Sunday I shall be sending out a text to all squad members, whose phone number I have, asking for them to cast their vote. Texts will be accepted up to midnight on Monday the second of November. No duplicates, or anonymous ones will be accepted, and I will keep all texts in case of proof being required. May the biggest fool win.

No comments: