Custom Search

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Trip with the M.R.S. ??

A recent post of mine was commented on by an unknown member of the nefarious collective known as the M.R.S. It appears that in one of my less sober moments, I announced that it would be cool to arrange a shindig that could be attended by both the members of the Mean Repressive Spouses and the heroic collective of the Bender Squad. And now, in the cold light of day, and with not an ounce of alcohol running through my veins, I reiterate that we should do it. Of course financially it may have to be a weekend somewhere within the UK, but as this is the first time any such operation has taken place, it might prove to be the best plan of action, a dummy run if you please. If it all goes tits up, or if a relationship bites the bullet, whilst on our jolly, at least travelling back to your home will be an option. If it were to be a success, and I cannot see why it wouldn't, then we can cast our gaze further a field, towards the continent, or perhaps even the USA.

So, first we need a destination, and secondly a time. My suggestion for a date would be in August, I know it is during the school holidays, but if we are to partay on these green and pleasant lands. This could be extended into September, but we are starting to get into football season by then, and although we love you all dearly, you ain't footie. So August is it. My suggestion would from the Friday the 11th to Sunday, or possibly Monday the 13/14th. That's the date settled. Next up a place. My personal choice would be Edinburgh, although London is also a good choice. Remember we need something to do apart from just boozing. Secondary places that might be worthwhile, but would suit just an overnighter, are Whitby, Newcastle, Cardiff or Durham. Of course these are just my suggestions, anybody who has another idea, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Set sail for the The Vatican.
When the M.R.S are stopped on entry, and return home. We enter and slip out the back door for the rest of the trip left for drinkin and wenches.

Yours Pirately
BlackBeard