Custom Search

Monday, December 29, 2008

Not Soup-er

Otleyfest has come and gone for another year, and it was sorely lacking something. Namely the Spicy Soup, that began the tradition. They had run out! This upset the Shipley Posse no end, and have taken measures to make sure it never happens again. They have got the pubs phone number, and will ring ahead in future, to prevent anther mishap. This seemed to take the edge of the expected buffoonery. There was a stupid drink competition, one that featured a lump of coal, which I won, when I knocked back a drink containing Leftys snot, but I don't think of that as buffoon worthy. Or am I mistaken? Neil was sick, and we all got split up, I stumbled in at around 2:30, but that was about that. Nil points.



The next night was spent in the Villager, after we had been to the football. Crespo had to work early, so reinforcements were called in, namely Lobon, El Grande Queso and the Mercenary, but after my early head start, twas only myself who was in the running for any points, which duly arrived when i got home, as I tried for some unknown reason to try and mate my washing machine with a dust pan and brush. There is now a compartment that comes fully out, that didn't previously. Worthy of a point. Or is it two? Have just checked the scoring, and it is a definite Muppet, worth two.



Just a quick one to finish on. Brother G-Spot has discovered a retailer who sells the mighty DAB Dortmunder lager. For any of you wishing to get some beers in for house party this New Years Eve, Oddbins, near Baildon, sells it in can form. I highly recommend it. I asked Geevers what his opinion was of the stuff. "It tasted a bit metallicy" he said. "Did you by chance drink it out of the tin?" I enquired. A gormless grin spread across his mush, as he earned himself his first point of the 2009 campaign.

  1. Tony Helmet 10 points
  2. Euro Bri 7 points
  3. Shouty 6 points
  4. Crespo 4 points
  5. Pembo 4 points
  6. Funky 1 point
  7. G-Spot 1 point

No comments: