Custom Search

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Elster. Snow. Car. Nooooooooooo!

It has been icy and snowy in the West Yorkshire region over the past two days, and lucky for me I had the day off today. A perfect day for a lovely sleep in, under a lovely warm duvet, or so I thought. At about 7:30, I was disturbed by a commotion downstairs, before the Elster flew into the bedroom in a rare old state, babbling wildly about her car and the garage. It appears she decided to defrost her motor, so started up the engine to get the blower working, whilst she got a scraper. The problems began to mount when she didn't take the car out of gear, before laying off the clutch. The car lurched forward, hit ice, closely followed by the garage door. After a spell of of name calling between ourselves, she announced, in a way that only women can, that although I was a sleep, snuggled up nice and warm, oblivious to her foolish plans, that it was all my fault. it seems I had parked my van in inconvenient place, somewhere in the local district post code. She took off in a huff, I went back to bed, and after a few hours, i finally got a confession that I was indeed fault free, and that the accident was of her own doing. She did try to claim some moral high ground though. When she explained what had happened, the insurance guy told her she was the fourth person to do it today.

Tenner says they were all women............

No comments: