Custom Search

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Meatball Crunch

Shame on Subway. Are things really this bad? First up, the last time I went into Subway, and I mean the last if they don't sort this out, on Meatball Marinara day ( Tuesday for the non Meatball Maniacs), I was in for a rude shock. They had bumped the price up to £2.10! A massive 10% hike! I was appalled and informed fellow Meatballer, Sprocket, who couldn't believe it either. Since then the Clowns, otherwise known as the Government,, have cut VAT back to 15%, so the price will have dropped again. I was considering giving the filthy money grubbers another chance, when I received a text today from the aforementioned Sprocket. He was in the Pit of Hell, aka The White Rose Shopping Mall, when an urge for Marinara overcame him. The price indeed had returned to it's £1.99 Sub of the day price, but you will never guess what the evil fuckers have done? They have cut back by a meatball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wankers! Instead of the regular 4 meatballs in a six incher, they now give you three!!! Well they stick their sandwich's up their arse, Sprocket and I will be launching a two man boycott from today. Anyway, is it me are they becoming a little bit all pervasive anyway. A new one on Legrams Lane, and a planned one in the refurbished Myrtle Walk in Bingley is, let's be frank, reaching saturation levels.

Thankfully, Skankway are not the only purveyors of meatballs, and I would like to enter another worthy entry to the Panthenon. I went to the Ring o'Bells pub just outside of Thornton for a recent birthday, and sampled a starter of lamb and spinach meatballs with Tzatziki. An interesting take on the traditional style, and very tasty, but the Mighty Candia need not worry. They were perfect as an entree, got the old taste buds ready, but weren't spicy, and that's the way I like 'em. Saying that though, I could scarfe a plateful of them right now.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeatballs...........................

No comments: