Custom Search

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Banjo Needed

A sad thing happened today. I was in need of a bacon and mushroom banjo, and I just happened to be in the vicinity of my favourite purveyor of said treat, when i got a nasty shock. The sign above the shop said Frankie B's, but what was beneath was certainly not. They have sold up! The new place, which was painted sterile white, was trying to cash in on the Subway boom, going by the name Substantial. I figured I am here now, so I ordered a bacon and mush "sub". There was plenty of it, mostly bread, and the mushrooms had been grilled to oblivion. Even the brown sauce tasted like a cheap supermarkets own variety. Substandard would have been a more suitable name for this particular business. So I am now in search of a new "Best in Bradford" banjo. There are many good sarnie shops, most notably Salad Fayre, who do great sandwiches, but their bacon offering is, to be quite frank, poor. Basils in Clayton is also long gone, and the two blonde bubble heads who run it couldn't make a decent sarnie if their life depended on it. So please feel free to inform of any other establishment that may be worthy a replacing Frankie B's. Just remember, I don't like 'em greasy.

No comments: