Custom Search

Monday, July 14, 2008

Is There a New Champion??

I am returned from Bibis Italianissimo in Leeds. The service was fantastic, and the setting was very nice. The food was great, Elsters Angus beef was fantastic. My spaghetti and meatballs was a healthy portion, and the tomato sauce was tangy and rich, just the way I like it. But the meatballs were not as good as the reigning champion Candia. There was plenty of them, and they tasted pretty good, but spicy?? I should have them sent back under the trade description act. I've had spicier custard. And they were too round. Meatballs are not supposed to be spherically round, not in my book anyway. They should be ragged, and big. Like I say, apart from the spicy issue, they were pretty tasty, above average. But the quest continues. Next on my list is the Ital restaurant in Bradford, as recommended by King Dave. But don't let this report put you off visiting Bibi's, far from it. Everything else spot on. Big thumbs up from me.

No comments: