Custom Search

Friday, July 04, 2008

Bantams Away


After the debacle of the Bundesliga 2 schedule, I approached the Bantams away fixture list with trepidation, figuring that I would be hit with a double whammy of unachievable destinations. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. I know we have already pencilled in the 13th of December to visit Brentford, but I have checked my schedule for the next of the year, and it looks good for visiting quite a few places. First up is probably the longest trip I can make in what's ledft of 2008, Aldershot on the 30/09. It is near Woking, just south of London, and Google maps has it pegged at just under 4 hours by car, which makes it a bit of a stretch. The next one up is a definite in my book. It's a Tuesday night game on the 21/10 at Darlington, a date that fits into my schedule perfectly, as i have the next day off, and am only working a half day on the day of the game. Plus it is on a good train route. I reckon I can talk Crespo into it no problem, Shouty might be a harder sell. Just a few days later, Friday night to be exact, there is a chance to go fishing as we play Grimsby (yes Shouty, I know it's in Cleethorpes), so it is a possibility. The next definite is Rotherham away, if they are still in business (yes Shouty, I know they now play in Sheffield). We have been trying to make this away day for a couple of seasons now, and it has finally fallen on a suitable date. Rounding out the year, in December, is the aforementioned Brentford game, of which interest is high. One last footnote to the year though is the 28/12, the now infamous Otleyfest (it even has a Facebook group). That day we are home to Morecambe, so ti would be a quick train and taxi ride (yes Shouty, I know Otley hasn't got a train station) to sup some spicy soup, and even more ale. There may be other opportunities, but as it stands, this is the line up for our away travels following BCFC. I will post a 2009 schedule nearer the time. I would like to try and make it to the Rochdale game in '09, as I am desperate to try their famous pies. It's a Tuesday night, so I don't for see to much trouble, weather permitting.

No comments: