Custom Search

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Trouble and Strife

Hello once again from the land where everyone complains about the cost of gas, which has reached the dizzy heights of $4.20 a gallon. That works at the princely sum of two pounds a gallon. We should be so lucky. Anyway, later this afternoon I'm off to Detroit to pick up the Elster, and then off to my cousins graduation party, which is a bit gutting, because I won't be able to ogle all the young chicks without getting a slap up the side of the head from the Elster. I am sure the beer will dull the blows. I have however committed one act of slight buffoonery. When you get your cash out of ATM over here, it gives you your money first, then your card, so guess with numpty walked off and left his cared in the cashpoint? That's right, yours truly. But then it even got worse. I figured out which bank it was, and rang them up. "Yes we do have your card sir, you can come and collect it anytime before 5p.m." "Great said I, but can I pick it up on Thursday, as I am in Chicago?" "No sir, if you don't pick it up by the time we close, we will destroy it." Mother fuckers!!! No matter how much I pleaded, begged or reasoned, this jumped up pompous cunt, would not have a bar of it. "I want to speak to a manager" was my final hope. She was out, and I was told to ring back after two o'clock. When I did ring back you know what fuck wits told me? That they had gone ahead and destroyed it anyway. Now I could have gone on a long winded obscene filled rant down the blower, but to what purpose? Just another case of how the world has succumbed to whim on nonsense filled processes and procedure. I am however still in two minds whether or not to deliver a stinky turd through their letterbox, although this being America, it would probably be construed as an act of terrorism, and I could spend the next ten years in an orange jump suit with a car battery connected to my testicles. So I probably won't. Unless I get drunk. Which I probably will. Electrodes through my nads? Sounds like fun.

No comments: