Custom Search

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Windy City

Hello from the USA, where I have just returned from a bender in Chicago with Big Al and American Frank. I drove up from Ohio, a four and a half hour drive no less, and we got into the Windy City for around noon, just in time for lunch and beer at Hooters. Sheffield doesn't know what it is missing. Chicago always has fit birds in it's Hooters branches, and there were some seriously firm little ass's on display, which always helps the beers flow and the wings taste better. After spending an hour or two admiring the view, we decided to pay up and pop around to an old speakeasy that was frequented by none other than Scarface himself, Al Capone. It was a mint bar, and I had a couple of Weissbeers, followed by some Jever beer imported from Germany. We were feeling no pain by now, and we took off towards Wrigley Field to see the Cubs play the Dodgers, to watch some baseball and sup some beers. There are loads of bars near the ground, and by the time we picked up our tickets I was well greased. I have long wanted to visit this ball park, it is one of the oldest in America, but we picked the coldest May evening in history to go. It was freezing cold, even drinking more beer didn't help, and we only lasted till the fifth inning, as were all wearing light summer clothing. The trip back into town on the overground train was a hoot, I befriended a bunch of girls who thought my accent was cute. Just like me. More beer was drunk in bars to numerous to mention, from little micro breweries(nasty) to local favourites, before finishing thew night off back at the speakeasy, where me and Big Al argued over who was the better defender, John Terry (Al) or Rio Ferdinand (Me). The last word went to the serving wench, who was a big Celtic fan. She agreed with me. I had a shitty little hangover the next morning, compounded by the fact that I had a four hour plus drive ahead of me. Hopefully I will be able to check back in tomorrow and update the five a side scores, if Crespo remembers to send them on to me.

No comments: