Custom Search

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bollox!!

For those of you who either live or have had the pleasure of driving around the fine city of Bradford, you will have noticed how everybody pays absolutely no attention to parking restrictions and dump their vehicle pretty much were they feel like, and seem to go unpunished. So imagine my disbelief, when I got a ticket for parking in a Hackney Carriage Taxi Stand. I left my vehicle there at around 17:45 to go into Whetherspoons for something to eat(honest!), and returned at 18:30 to a fixed penalty notice attached to my windscreen. I had the misfortune not to notice a sign that said my parking spot became a taxi rank at 18:00, and there was a £50 fine for any thing other than a taxi waiting there. Bollox!! The ticket said if I pitched up within seven days of receiving said ticket, they would half the penalty to £25. So earlier today I went down to the local Hackney Carriage office to pay the fine before it went up to the full amount. Just my luck it was full of taxi drivers who proceeded to take great joy in taking the piss out of me when they found out why I was there. Bolloxs!! I must be the unluckiest driver in town....

No comments: