Custom Search

Monday, June 02, 2008

Road Trip

Howdy, Y'all. After another boozy weekend, a graduation party and a fortieth birthday to boot, I am recovered enough to undertake my next adventure, as me and the Elster take off on a four day road trip. We set off tonight for Kentucky, then onto Tennessee, taking in Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana on the way. I was going to try and rodger the old trouble and strife in every state we passed through, but at my age I reckon I'd be going some to manage two of 'em. Highlights of the journey, or low lights if you ain't into the same thing, include the Jack Daniels distillery, Graceland, Beale Street, Elvis Presley's birthplace and the Budweiser brewery in St Louis. That's if we don't get hijacked in the deep south, cause I sure do have a purtty mouth (if you don't understand, watch Deliverance). Hopefully we will be staying in some lodgings with Internet, so I should be able to post some updates, and do the five a side results, but if not I am back in Tiffin on Friday, where I have been challenged to some kind of drinking contest. The honour of the Bender Squad rests in my hands.

No comments: