Custom Search

Monday, May 12, 2008

Swiss Shouty


The Shoutster should be on his way home now, as mentioned earlier he couldn't make it to Munich, but his football adventure was not over. The lucky blighter was fortunate to be in town as FC Basel defeated Young Boys(?) of Berne 2-0 to wrap up the Swiss title. I got a phone call from the Kolschinater around midnight, as he partied with the local fans. He sound like he was having a ball, and proceeded to tell me foreign correspondent style what was going on, and how much I would have loved it. Talk about rubbing it in, the wanker. The good news is, he has found us a base in Switzerland, which is just on the German border, not far from Freiburg, whose local team just happen to play in the same division as the Mighty 1860 of Munich. We await next seasons fixture list with the germ of a plan forming. I was also informed by Dr Shotgun, that we also have a base in Tuscany to use for one of our football shindigs. Yes Alfie, I wasn't drunk enough to forget your generous offer. Milan is to far to travel, but the Viola of Fiorentina is just down the way. Again the germ of an idea has been planted. We also have decided, neigh vowed, to get to more away games next season, and follow the Bantams up and down the land. Anyway enough of that for now. I have a long planned for trip to the good ole USA approaching rapidly on the horizon. Big Al, the Boy Dazzler, American Frank and myself are taking off for an overnighter to watch the Cubbies in Chicago, and I plan on taking the bambinos to see the Tribe at the Jake before I return as well, so all footie pilgrimages are on hold till after this jaunt. I leave you with a few pictures of the mayhem that brother Shouty got to sample over the weekend as the locals went wild in Basle.

No comments: