Custom Search

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bantams 4 Shrews 2

Another comfortable victory down at Valley Parade, Willy Topp played a great first half, setting up the first goal for Nix, another player who is beginning to look the part. Just prior to half time, I completed a half trick, missing my third goal of the season as I went on the beer run, this one scored by Daley. City's performance in the second half wasn't as polished as the first, Shrewsbury pulled a goal back, but Thorne got our two goal cushion back, which was just as well as the ref gave what looked to be a dubious decision for their second goal. After the game it was into a deserted city centre for a few beers, when Crespo piped up that it was his birthday, so it was off for beer and cocktails. I have no idea how I got home, but after what felt like five minutes kip, it was off to work with a mother fucker of a hangover.


Baz Watch;

Came on just after the hour mark, and tore in to the Shrewsbury rearguard straight away, running them ragged for the first ten minutes he was on. His white boots were a blur of skill, although he couldn't keep it up as the game drew to it's close. But our hero had one last gift up his sleeve, and I nearly missed as I was recycling beer. With five minutes left I heard the crowd erupt and thought I had missed yet another goal. As I slunk back to my seat I saw Big Baz stood in the penalty area placing the ball on the deck, as it dawned on me that we had been awarded a penalty! The Big man dispatched it with aplomb, and the crowd, who not so long ago were jeering the big fella, started to chant his name. The legend grows.

Yet again I couldn't bring myself to purchase any of the pastry filled indigestion bombs they see fit to call pies, and considering the state I was in the next morning it was probably just as well.

No comments: