Custom Search

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Karma Catcher

Now usually when I post the weekly Wood report this late it means the Righteous have been humbled. But this time it is different. I have genuinely been busy, and haven't had time. The result was in fact the opposite of what you would suspect. We whooped 'em good! In fact I think we even surprised our selves how well we performed. From the get go we were in charge, racking up a six goal lead in no time. In fact ti was too much for us to take in, and the nefarious JMF began to make in roads on our advantage. All the way back to level pegging no less, as the gloating from Jamon became almost unbearable. But once more, the team striving to recover from a a substantial deficit hit the wall. Hats off to the shirt lifters, it was a heroic effort, but they had run themselves into the ground, and the lads in white were finding their second wind. Shotgun replaced his blunderbuss with a a 50cal Intervention and the goals started to rain in. I also had my most prolific game in ages, and the ever reliable Clogs notched up a few of his own. My only concern? We used up all our goals in one evening.....

Moment of Match
Usually the comedy own goal I scored against The Octopus would win hands down. He blocked a shot, but was slow to stop it dribbling out of the area. A goal seemed certain as it fell to a random MoFoer, but I got back just in time to prevent the seemingly inevitable score with a majestic tackle. To tidy up, I passed the ball back off the wall to Big Phil. Except he was still stuck out on the edge of his area, watching the game unfold as a well placed observer, as the ball found the back of the net. But this was upstaged by the most dastardly challenge witnessed down thew Wood in eons. Child Catcher launched himself upon me in full flight, like a Bieberesc missile. No word of a lie, he actually kicked me out of the building. God only knows how I avoided injury, but I can imagine my psychotic pirouetting looked quite a sight. He made himself scarce after that, which was just as well, cause if I'd have got hold of him..... Still, what goes around comes around, and Karma has a funny way of working its self out. Post match I was sat having a beer with him, when somebody walked up behind him and started pummeling his head with punches.


JMF- Chil Catcher, Luklear War, Dead Eye, King Dave and Jamon

EURO E- Euro Bri, Clogs, The Octopus, Dr Shotgun and Dribbling Dan

2011 Season

JMF wins - 16

Euro Elite - 11


Draws - 3

No comments: