Custom Search

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Take it Like a Man

As the story plays out to it's end, I thought it time I commented on the Andy Gray/Richard Keys malarkey. And to to be fair, this post isn't just aimed at them, but everybody who has been caught out doing something they shouldn't, but isn't really all that bad. The one thing I would like to have seen is one, if not both of them, do in this situation is to man up. Fuck the apology. It is as plain as the nose on your face that neither of them think women should be involved in men's professional football. Be honest, were you shocked that Andy Gray thought that women don't understand the off side rule? Was anybody really surprised that he made jokes about a fit bird stuffing his mic down his trousers? Did it bolloxs. And that's what makes the apologies and contriteness so unpalatable. At least to me. Why can't they come out and say, "That's what I think, and if Sky don't like it, they can stick their job up their arse!" I appreciate the amount of money they are on would make one want to try and keep hold of their post, but as soon as the story broke the game was up. You could have bet your house that after they were outed for the female linesman gaffe, that others would follow, and behold, they did. It strikes me that they had worn out their welcome, and Sky saw an opportunity to get rid without coughing up any big severance pay. It happens all the time in every walk of life, and the world of television is no different.

By the way, don't get me wrong here. I don't give a shit who runs the line or ref's at a football match, as long as they know what they are doing. And Andy Gray should really know better than to be lewd to a girl young enough to be his grand daughter. In fact I always thought they were stuck up their own own arses, and that Lineker and Hansen knocked them into a cocked hat. But do we really want the ultra bland Jamie Redknapp to be the face of Live football on Sky?

No comments: