Custom Search

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bantams 3 Spireites 0

Nearly forgot to post this one, so I had better frame, as I am off to Morecombe tonight. So here we go. This was City's best win of the season to date, extending their unbeaten run to seven games in the process. I was expecting more of a game from the opposition, who I fancied as one of our main rivals for a playoff place, but the Bradford midfield had the better of them from the off, and Eastwood, who has improved immeasurably on his form at the start of the campaign, was only really troubled on a hand full of occasions. The breakthrough came on 25 minutes, when Flynn made space on the edge of the area, before curling in a sweet shot into the top corner. The game itself was pretty much over around the hour mark, as Neilson followed up a blocked shot to make it 2-0. The last five minutes should have seen a more emphatic result secured, as Neilson hit the post when presented with an open goal, a Boulding hesitated in a one on one with goalie. But Brandon made no mistake prior to these fluffed chances, smashing his shot into the net after the keeper was put under pressure from Hanson.

Pie Rating- No Kev watch this week, he was on holiday in Turkey. I had intended on a Queso watch instead, but I had a colossal hangover, and plain forgot. It was for this reason that I broke my concessions boycott, I had thrown up my breakfast and was starving, but wish I hadn't. The pie was burnt, but not as badly as Helmets, but the burger that Stevie got was truly horrific. For a start he had to ask three times for one, as his dopey server was not blessed with a great command of Anglais. On his first attempt he was brought a meat and potato pie! When he finally got his burger it was stone cold. I know because I ate it, before he finally got one that was tepid. But no matter the temperature of the damn things, they were horrible. Where on Earth do they find a cheese that smells of sick?? I have eaten cauliflower with a higher meat content than was present in the actually burger itself, but credit where it's due, the bun was nice. The boycott is back on, and on this showing will not be broken in the foreseeable future. 2/10

No comments: