Custom Search

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bantams 2 Seagulls 0

The Bantams opened their home win account with a deserved, if workman like victory. Yet again the opening stages of the game were yawn inducing, but just as I was about to fall into a coma, a free kick was lofted into the box, and young Hanson flicked a header into the far corner to give the Bantams the lead. The second half was a little better, it managed to divert my attention from annoying Kev, but the lads still made hard work of breaking down a dull, but well organized Torquay team. But their endeavours were rewarded in the final minutes, when Brandon latched onto a long through ball, and beat the keeper to round off the scoring, 2-0 to the Mighty Bantams. The game also marked the lively debut of young winger Scott Niellson, a late addition to the squad after signing on from Cambridge City. He replaced the turgid Colebeck with a quarter of an hour left, in what proved to be Joe's final outing in Claret and Amber. He was transferred to Oldham on the final day of the transfer window, so thankfully we will not have to spend another afternoon wondering how the Hell he has made his living as a footballer.

Maffy Watch- Kev was in a grumpy mood (hungover), so this week we have a guest "Watch" victim, I mean candidate. It was Maffy's first visit to a footie game for about twenty years, and it showed. "What are they singing?" he enquired of the fans in the TL Dallas stand. "Stuart McCalls Bradford Army" I informed him. "Why? What's he still got to do with 'owt??" he asked. "He's the manager" I told him. Four Buffoon points. But to be fair, stupid questions apart, he was excellent value. He even joined in with a bit of Crespo baiting. After the quite frankly boring first half, he perked up no end, and said he would try and make it down for the Burton Albion game in a couple of weeks. A good first effort. 6/10

Pie Boycott- Still going strong, although I was starving. I nearly broke, but then I remembered the great Mahatma Gahndi, and figured if he could miss a meal or two, well then, so could I. I next plan on moving my crusade forwards, by getting Crespo to follow suit.

No comments: