Custom Search

Monday, March 16, 2009

What was that all about?

Sorry for the brevity of postings last night, Sunday tends to be a more productive day the others, but I was ambushed by the television. I was thinking up guff to post, when i saw that the movie Departed was on. Two of my all time favourite movies are Martin Scorsese flicks (Raging Bull and the Mighty Goodfellas), and it was about gangsters to boot. It was horrifically long, with ads it was approaching three hours, but I gave it a go anyway. Things started well, it seemed interesting, despite Jaaaaack Nicholsons grade A+ ham acting. It was so-so for the first two thirds, and even though it began to get more and more far fetched, I still wanted to see how it ended, and boy I wish I had given it up and hit the sack. For those of you who haven't seen it, I'll save you the hours it will knock off your life by telling you they all die, improbably, apart from a magnificently miscast Marky Mark Whalberg. What a load of garbage.

Talking of garbage, while I am still in a grumpy mood, what the Hell happened to the Simpsons?? I have cable, so missed out on the last couple of series due to their fall out with Sky. They kissed and made up, at last, and I was looking forward to catching up on the episodes I had missed. Talk about disappointed. This show is so far past it's sell buy date, and is seriously in need of putting out of its, and mine, misery. I have watched funnier broadcasts of Songs of Praise. I can't believe it has been commissioned for a further two series. The fact they keep dragging in Sideshow Bob is, to me anyway, proof of how tired and stale it has become. And don't get me started on the guest voices. I didn't even realise that Dennis Leary was still alive till he cropped up on this programme. Now I know there are worse shows than this, but it is a crying shame to see it fall so far from what it was.

No comments: