Custom Search

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Watch Out! Jaqui is About.....

Unbelievable. The UK governments latest anti terrorist law wants to monitor social networking sites, and keep details of users contacts. It is part of legislation the home office wants to pass, that will entitle them to keep records of every phone call, e-mail and web site that you have visited. This will help them to tackle organised crime and terrorism, so they would have you believe. What utter nonsense. Talk about taking a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. I better delete Osama from my friends list on facebook immediately, and cancel my participation in the Mob Wars game, lest I be mistaken for Tony Soprano. I better change Shouty's bender handle on the bender squad page, "Shouty"Paul does sound a little like a character out of "Goodfellas" after all. Maybe G Spot will be mistaken for an Eastern European sex smuggler, or El Grande Queso a big wig in the Spanish leg of Al Queda. I might even be getting monitored whilst I right this, for such gratuitous use of words associated with crime.

This will no doubt cost tens of billions of pounds to create and run, and by sticking all this info in one easy to get at location, will make the work of the ne'er do wells who want to exploit such details, just that bit easier. Let's be honest, my record of keeping my personal details is much better than Jaqui Smith and her cronies. I have managed not lose mine once, where the record of New Labour is checkered to say the least. But my biggest worry is what will eventually happen to all these records, kept in some faceless building, in some faceless town. Of course they say they have no interest in using it for anything at the moment, but how long will that last? Will they be able to stop themselves from selling it off to some marketing company or similar business? I doubt it. The DVLA have sold off some your private info in the past, and with public coffers emptier than masturbators sac, the temptation, I reckon, will sooner or later prove irresistible. Tyhe sooner we are rid of these wasters the better.

Stop the Nonsense!!!!

No comments: