Custom Search

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Public Info Ad's '70s Style

As you know, myself and G-spot have been trying to get the Stop the Nonsense site up and running over the past few months, and I have now moved all my rants and commentary on the state of how our nation is governed to this website. I am to commit at least one article a week to it and would be grateful if all the regular readers of this blog would take a look and let me know what you think. The site can be found by clicking here;

http://stopthenonsense.org.uk/

I know you are wondering what this has to do with the video posted above, but I have just sat up for an hour or so, compiling an article, some would say a tirade, against the hectoring, immature nature of our modern day public service advertising. Stuff like the Frank drug adverts featuring Pablo, and the never ending stream of commercials imploring us to quit smoking, drink less and lose weight. So I thought it might be cool to contrast this with the way it was done when we were kids. I still get the creeps every time I see Jimmy Saville, and I sure as Hell clunk click. I know you younger pups will have no idea, but for those of a certain age age, enjoy.

No comments: