Custom Search

Friday, January 16, 2009

Oktoberfest '09?

Winter blues getting you down? Credit crunch beginning to bite? Put your troubles behind you, and stuff 'em all, take a jaunt to Munich, home the world renowned Oktoberfest, and drink your problems away!

Well that's the idea anyway, and the Good Lord loves a trier. We had such a good time in 2007, it was agreed that a return trip was a must, and with the gloomy forecast for 2009, when better? Of course I won't be able to book everyone on my credit card this time, my limits are being squeezed as I post this, but I am sure a bunch of world weary geezers such as ourselves could co-ordinate a sojourn between us. The dates are Friday the 25th of September till Monday the 28th. Flights out of Manchester via Heathrow are currently going for around £220, or from Leeds/Bradford through Amsterdam for £250. Hotels are coming up for between €500 to €700, and are selling fast. If there are to be a few of us partaking, the likelihood of us all getting accommodation at the same flea pit are scarce. So, the order of the day is speed. If we leave it much later than the first week of February, I can see us having to pay top dollar for digs. Time is of the essence my compadres.

No comments: