Custom Search

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Octoberfest 2007.......Part 2

Where was I? Ah yes, our first visit too the Octoberfest. We had arrived at around 10:30 am, and after much weissbier, spicy pork sandwiches, bratwurst and other noxious substances, I went for a wizz at around 4 o'clock when disaster struck. Whilst recycling some beer, I figured to squeeze out a fart, that unfortunately turned out to be a bit wet. Oh dear. I gathered up Dangerous and Helemt and took off back to the hotel for a pit stop. Alighting from the taxi, I was rugby tackled by Helmet, and piled on by Pete, bruising my knee badly in the process, but after changing we were ready to attack more beer once more. Outside our abode we found members Shouty, Funky, The Boy, San and Crespo swigging shorts in the bar next door. After a few replenishing vodkas, it was time to ride the whirlwind once again, and as luck would have it ther was a 2,000 seater beer keller at the bottom of the road. Things were getting rowdy again, and I have to confess it got a bit blurry before I found myself alone with Funky supping steins in a bar on the Marineplatz downtown. It was now dark, and after stumbling in and out of a couple of bars we decided to see if we could find anyone else back at the hotel. Unfortunately navigating the Munchen U-bahn system after a ten hour drinking session proved more difficult than expected. After catching the wrong train four times, a gang of little old ladies noticed our bewilderment, and took us under their wings, actually going out of their way to make sure two clueless drunks got home safely. Until two of them fell out part way through our journey and a mass argument in heated German broke between our new found Hell's Grannies. One broke off from the melee, to point to our station. It was back to the now rammed Lowenbraukeller from earlier, but no one was to be seen. So we were given a table with a very nice German family and set of on a stein frenzy once more. After four or five big 'uns and a steak later, it was closing time and we were swept off into the street at 1 a.m in the morning to stagger back to our beds. At this juncture you would think the day was finally over, but no there was more yet to come. Back at the hotel there was carnage strewn everywhere, I found Shouty slumped in his doorway, John the Don snoring like a Silverback Gorilla and Dangerous chilling out with some herb he was given by some friendly Italians. My bed called and I was out like a light. But after what seemed five minutes of sleep, there was a loud noise outside my door and on further inspection I found Tony Helmet, who proffered a livener, and took me off to an all night bar where Mad Ad, El Grande Queso and the King of the Pixies were quaffing Vodka cokes for fun. It was 4 a.m. Well it would have been rude not join in, so we were off again. After a couple of hours the Helmet made the fatal mistake of lying down, and was helped home by Mad Ad, leaving me and Queso trying to keep San the Man from sneaking off at the same time, which worked for an hour or so, before I pointed him in the direction of his bed, just as dawn broke. My old mate Stevie and me were left to talk garbage with a bunch of locals, who seemed to have no where else better to be, until around 7 a.m. when it was declared that enough was indeed enough. On the way back to the hotel there is a little fountain, and although this edifice will get another mention in a later post, yer man Queso thought it would be great fun for both of us to jump in and have a splash about. After managing a couple of hours kip earlier I was no where near drunk enough to jump into what looked a seriously cold fountain, so I ran away back to the hotel to grab a quick snooze before continuing on our most excellent adventure.



To be continued....

No comments: