Custom Search

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Well it's half past midnight, so it is officially Christmas day. I would like to wish all members of the squad, and everybody else who logs on to this nonsense a most Merry Christmas. My kids will be jumping all over me in the next five hours, so I will keep this last post till after Boxing day brief. Our grand yuletide shindig on Boxing Day looks to be a home bound affair, as our planned voyage over the Pennines has been scuppered by the weather. Bury versus Bradford City has been called off, so it looks like we will be going to the bookies, laying some bets, and then watching some live football on the telly in a nice warm pub. Not a a bad swap if you ask me. The weather will probably also put our next home game, on the 28th under severe threat, so we may well be spending yet another afternoon in the pub. This is also the same day as Shouty's Saltaire Posses annual spicy soup jaunt to Ilkley, although an irate Shoutster may have revoked my invite. The buffoon showed up at the George on Christmas Eve, only to find that we hadn't bothered this year, due to work commitments and the freezing cold. Of course it was all my fault, and he says he is never coming out with me again. Of course it never crossed his mind to call before he went to Wibsey, and the fact that he rang me up at 8:15, when I told him I wasn't staying out past nine also seemed to have slipped the stroppy tarts mind. No doubt we will be mates again by the Bank Holiday.

Anyway, i best make myself scarce before Rudolf and his pals show up with the big guy in red. So have a good one, and I hope you get all the loot you asked for. Merry Christmas.

No comments: