Custom Search

Monday, December 14, 2009

Bantams 2 Millers 4

An abreviated account of Saturdays win, as I didn't get to the ground till half time, having slept in and then getting bogged down on a job. I even missed our equaliser, as I was busy getting a pie. So I took my seat, the game finely balanced at two goals a piece. At first it looked only a matter of time before Rotherham regained their advantage, having hit the post, and fluffing a golden opportunity when three players were played onside as the City defence moved out of their penalty area. I don't think they have the wherewithal to play such a tactic as complex as the offside trap. But then to my surprise, and most of the crowds, we started playing an attacking game that hadn't been seen in many a Saturday. The Millers keeper pulled off a couple of cat like saves to repel the boys in claret, and it looked like the game was ours for the taking. But of course this is Bradford City, and it wasn't to last. An innocuous tackle was harshly penalised just inside Bradfords half, and the Millers full back chipped our goalie from nigh on fifty yards out. A late strike gave the scoreline a flattering edge, but it was difficult to argue with the outcome. El Grande Queso has started his own McCall out campaign, and I am not so sure he is wrong. Of course a win tomorrow at Carlisle, and the prospect of a a game against Leeds for the chance to play at Wembley may change that.

Pie Rating- I am glad my piecott is at an end, as it is happy days at Valley Parade. I don't know who they have put in charge of pies, but they are doing a stand up job. I enticed Micky D into a Streak and Kidney, and he rated it highly. I was not able to repeat my fat trick of three pies in a half, as I was going out for a curry later, so I just had the one. Mmmmmm 8/10

Kev Watch- On a break for this week, as I didn't see much of him. He was sat at the opposite end of our seats, getting the full Helmet treatment from Ike and Sam.

No comments: