Custom Search

Monday, November 10, 2008

Bone Idle

Sorry I haven't posted anything over the last few days, the simple truth is I couldn't be arsed. With City away, and money tight, I decided to cut my losses and stay in this weekend, so this is just a kind of round up.

First up City. Get in. I was saying to Bakes only a couple of weeks ago that we are way over due a cup run of any worth. I know it is early days, but with Orient at home ion the next round, you never know. The only downer was my accumulator. I had City to win, and when Graham Lee smashed in his free kick with only a few minutes left, it looked as though I had sewn up a cheeky £130 win from Ladbrokes. But sadly for me I also had Huddersfield Town, who conceded an equaliser within seconds of City going in front, and then proceeded to lose, the sheep shagging wankers. Oh well. Next up for the Mighty Bantams is second place Wycombe Wanderers away, an extremely tricky game. I would take a draw, but I just have an inkling that we could possibly nick this one, as we always seem to do well against the teams we are supposed to lose too. Of course this means we usually get walloped when we play no hopers doomed for relegation. The week after is Rotherham away, a Yorkshire derby no less, and one I hope to be attending, before we take on the Spirerites at home on the 25th. Apart from the Millers, who were docked a shed load of points, these teams will be our main rivals for a promotion push, so by the end of November we should know which direction we are headed in.

TSV 1860 finally surrendered their seven game unbeaten stretch, losing 1-0 at home no less, to the unheralded Rot-Weiß Oberhausen. I have no idea who the hell they are either. The only concern is that when City seem to do well Der Lowen suck, and vice versa.

Lastly, before I retire once more to the sofa, Bufoonery. Has there been any incidents this weekend? I know Shoutys Satlaire Posse hit the bright lights of Bradford, and I have no doubt Aki and his Wilsden crew were also on the Razz, so I expect to be adding a name or two to the 2009 table.

No comments: