Custom Search

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Green Tax....or Stealth Tax?

Yet again our inept government has decided the answer to climate change is taxation. Fuel duty to rise and a £5 increase on flight duty. This is really starting to piss me off. The people who use gas guzzling vehicles the most and jet of on a whim will not be bothered by these increases at all. It will be the likes of me and you who, yet again will have to tighten our belts, and go without the small luxuries we work so hard to gain. When is there going to be an alternative approach? I have a paper, glass and can recycling bin. I save all my plastic containers and cardboard for recycling at local supermarkets (Tescos and Asda excluded). I have applied for the green garden waste bags. We run a small litre unleaded vehicle. My house is insulated and I have installed a low water usage lavatory. All my electrical appliances are switched off on an evening, not left on standby. What more can I do? Yet instead of being rewarded with say a council tax discount, I am yet again being fleeced by these fuckwit politicians who seem to reside in some far away make believe land where everything is just peachy. What really bites me is they raise all these taxes and levies, for weird for useless things such as ID cards, and then club together to push for a 40% pay increase for themselves!!!!! This is on top of expenses and one of the most generous pension packages you can imagine!!!! Where do I sign up???

I have lived and grown up in this country for pushing thirty years, and am appalled at the way this land is being sold down the river by Tony Blair and his posse of liberal do-gooders. For my generation it all seems OK because we have houses that have doubled and tripled in value, and credit is easy to get, but how are our kids ever going to be able to afford their own place? Especially when they are lumbered with big bills if they wish to go on to further education? How many of you have a decent pension plan? All that equity will be eaten up double quick, when you need it most. And don't bank on any inheritance, because all that money and property your folks grafted so hard for, is more than likely liable for inheritance duty, which is to all intense purposes a tax on dying.

Sorry to moan, but I am ready to call time on this country, which I hate to do as I love the place.

No comments: