Custom Search

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whose Booze?

This may, or may not be, the start of a random thread concerning our favourite thing in the world. Beer. Now I know a few of you young bucks will argue for shagging, and although it does have it's merits, in the long run it just cant compete with ale. You'll understand when your older, and some old bint has tied you down and turned off the tap. Plus beer lasts all night and you can do it with your clothes on.

Anyway, I have begun to ramble, and wish to return to what I was on about. Beer, that's it. This year me and Brother Shouty have embarked on a mission to sample as many of the different ales, lagers, porters, Pilsners, bitters, stouts, lambics, Trappist, Abbey, bocks, IPAs, kolsches, Dortmunders, Alts, Weissbiers, Wheat, doppelbocks, and whatever else kind of beer that momentarily slips my mind. I was going to create some form of checklist, but thought that might be a bit anal, so decided against it. I will let Shouty do it instead, as he has a greater propensity than I to be a nerd (even if it a beer nerd). So instead of collating some kind of list I thought to try and convey the spirit of the beer (did you see what I did there?) be comparing it with a member of the Bender Squad, so you can get some idea of it's essence. So with out further ado, let's get on with the first one.


Palm Speciale, is a dark ale, brewed in Steenhuffel, Belgium. It is a cheeky little number, with a dark hue, and a slightly fruity taste. At 5.4% it is fairly mental, but not full lobotomy style. A subtle and laid back tasting effort, it is ideal for sitting around in a boozer watching the football results come in, and bemoaning the fact that Shrewsbury town have just cost a grand. It comes in a smaller sized can, not unlike a coca cola can, and if it were a Squad member it could only be the King of the Pixies himself, Sandro.

No comments: