Custom Search

Friday, October 01, 2010

The Real Thing

Regular readers of this nonsense will know full well, that on the whole, the Bender Squad is very much a crew that drinks lager. Well me and the Shoutster fancied a change the other night, so we headed to a real ale pub in the strange little village of Denholme. The boozer we went to, the New Inn was a pleasant surprise, the owners were very friendly, and locked us in till the stroke of two in the morning. We tried the whole array of ales on offer. Neither of us were overly keen on the Mary Jane, a blonde ale, which Shouty couldn't even finish, so I ended up having to drink two. The Tetleys was, well Tetleys. Not a big favourite of mine, but the Right Honourable sank plenty of 'em. also tried another one that began with R, and was called something like Rossindales. It smelt of cut grass, and had a bit of a kick, but I wasn't in any hurry to try another. No my recommendation was a drink brewed just up the road, in Cullingworth, by a company called Old Spot. I can't recall the full name of it, something like Light but Dark, but it was very pleasant. The landlord then turned off the beer pumps and treat us to a couple of Carlsbergs. Now I don't know if it was the addition of the lagers at the end, but I had the farts the next day, and they smelt atrocious. I even gagged a couple of times. I am still not about to grow a goatee and sew elbow patches on my jackets, but it made a nice change from fizzy lager. Apart from the smelly farts.

No comments: