Custom Search

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Get Ahead, Get a Brochure

Well that showed me. A couple of weeks ago, the only teams interested in taking what seemed to be a washed up Michael Owen on, were Stoke, Hull and the JMF. Faced with this football oblivion, the people who look after Mr Owen, printed a glossy brochure, sent it out to numerous teams throughout Europe, and Bingo, he is next seen signing along the dotted line for non other than the champions of England, Manchester United. Don't think anybody saw that one coming. What can I say. Fergie has won titles in England and Scotland, has been twice champion of Europe, and has been involved in professional footie for over fifty years. This is in contrast to my under 16 player of the year trophy at Sandy Lane Juniors, and my two "Wood" titles. But then again, I haven't paid £6.5 million for Kleberson, or 28.1 million quid for Juan Sebastian Veron either. I once lent Two Scoops a £1 to pay on Wednesday, that I never saw again, but that is about it. But the most shocking thing about this transfer is that all the papers are reporting it as if it is some kind of bargain, as United are only coughing up £30,000 a week for the pleasure of having him warm the treatment table. Shouty reckons this move will see Owen rise Phoenix like, to reclaim his England place, but I bet he still won't have him in his dream team. If you are reading this Paul, I am ready to double, neigh triple the wager, as to him breaking Bobby Charlton's England scoring record.

No comments: