Custom Search

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Refreshment...Bradford Style

Although the temperature didn't warrant the triggering of the new "Heatwave Warning System" recently launched by the department of health, it was very pleasant indeed this afternoon. The sun came out after a rainy morning, and for the first time this year it felt almost summery. The sound of ice cream vans could be heard throughout the district, but the surest sign that warm weather is on it's way is the reappearance of the Tasty Corn stands back out on the streets. Who needs an ice cold beer or an ice lolly to refresh one's self when the sun is beating down, when you can have a piping hot cup of corn, smothered in melting butter? I know! I can't believe the only place you see them is at Duckworth Lane near the Co-Op, and near the cop shop on Oaks Lane. You would have thought a treat like this would have conquered the world, and every street corner would be knee deep in corn stands. Mmmmmmmmm Corn......



Apologies for the quality of the photo. I managed to get this one when the traffic light were at red. Subsequent attempts whilst in motion, only succeeded in capturing my wing mirror and a surprised pedestrian. I was going to attempt a third effort, but I was beginning to get odd looks from the guy selling the corn, so I am afraid we are stuck with the one above. The next time I am in the area, I am hoping to stop and try some. Report to follow as and when.

No comments: