Custom Search

Friday, June 13, 2008

Ouch!!!!!

Howdy Y'all. This is probably my last report from my hometown, as it is nearly time to come home, and I will be busy over the next couple of days. First up is my sorry tale at the local swimming pool. It has a diving area, the water is ten foot deep, and me and the kids were having a ball jumping in and goofing off. The Elster piped up "When you are diving in, your bending your back too soon, and not going in straight enough." Well I decided to show her what a good diver I was (no pun intended), so I executed a perfect straight dive and smacked my head into the bottom of the pool. There was blood everywhere, and concerned people asking if I had blurred vision, felt nauseous etc. All I could think of was the fact that I had tickets to go see the Tribe play baseball. The Elster wanted to take me to the nearest hospital (30 miles away), but I told the pool attendant to slap a plaster on it and I would check it out in the morning. All I could think about was how many forms I would have to fill in. So I went to Cleveland with a plaster stuck on my bonce oozing blood, but it was worth it as the tribe won. Tonight I am off to dull the throbbing pain with lashings off beer, much to the Elsters consternation, but at least I will have something to blame the hangover on. Let's hope it has knocked some sense out of me. Well my trip is nearly at it's conclusion, and I will be back in Blighty on Monday morning and back to work on Tuesday. I am looking forward to seeing the lads, but I could get used to this not working mularky quite easily. Till Tuesday, y'all take care now.

No comments: