Custom Search

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Je T'Aime


There may be better ones out there, something I will continue to scour the globe for, but I may just have discovered my most favourite beer. I was being dragged through Morrison's by the Elster to pick up some bits and bats, when I managed to give her "Look at the over there!" trick, and bailed when she looked in said direction. I circled the joint till I found the beer section, and headed for the Continental display to see what was on offer. A large green bottle caught my eye, and I purchased two, and rammed them in the fridge when i got home. It was called DAB Original, and is brewed by the Dortmunder Actien-Brauerei, in Dortmund. And it is gorgeous. Served ice cold, it gives off a fine clean smell, and slides down your throat like amber velvet. The price was a fiver for two big bottles, which hold just over a pint. If anyone comes across a pub that sells this lager on draft, or indeed by the bottle, please let me know as I will have a new local.


No comments: