Custom Search

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

One Title Retained, Another up for Grabs

It was touch and go for a spell, I was languishing behind both Helmet and Funky in my bid to retain my "Nap King Cole" title, that I have held since 2006. As we pulled out of Blackburn, I only had about an hour too overtake a seemingly insurmountable lead, but within minutes I pulled off a Nap over, and from there on in it was plain sailing, as the two reprobates were taken to school by the master of disaster, yours truly. Bring your A game next time. I will even let you name a time and a place.

So that is one title that has been settled for the moment, but there is the small matter of the Bendership League, our annual race to be crowned king of football. We use the Sun's version, not my personal choice, but after five years, what the hey, I will facebook and e-mail the pin and password to those who played last year, and those who didn't. Anybody who fancies a go, let me know, and I will get you the details. Machine pipped the previous winner Big John B at the death last season. Get in early to score maximum points, but there is a golden gamble after the season commences, just in case you are away on holiday, or just plum forget. There is no cash prize, just glory at stake, although I will look into getting a trophy of some description, as it gives us an excuse for a presentation evening. Good luck......

No comments: